The following job can be based from home 4 days per week:
Kate John Associates are proud to be recruiting a Commercial Data/Finance Analyst for a market-leading business in SheptonMallett. This is an exciting, career-building opportunity for a Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant to be developed and nurtured into a Commercial Finance and FP&A Accountant with support coming both from the wider Finance team and study support package.
Reporting into the FP&A Business Partner - Customer Relations, and as part of the wider FP&A team you will work closely with stakeholders and Heads of Departments for Sales, Marketing, Buying Group and Supply Chain. You will collate, review, analyse and interpret various aspects of supplier and sales-related information from various sources, and provide insight, identifying trends, anomalies, outliers and risks, including making appropriate recommendations for courses of action.
Preparation and interrogation of routine and ad-hoc reports (including monthly Business Performance Review, supplier base, stock level / ageing / write offsetc.) will support functional objectives, and your data manipulation skills will assist colleagues with managing and measuring performance by providing them with access to KPI performance data.
You will support colleagues both within the function and across the wider business providing commercial insights helping to optimise the customer journey whilst improving gross margin, mitigate risk, lower costs, improve supplier performance, provide commercial performance updates and explore creative innovative ways of utilising relevant information to deliver value for money for the business, minimise risk, protect shareholder value and enhance the business' brand. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Forecasting, Budgeting & Data Analysis
- Analysis of historical trends and market trends on a regular basis to generate weekly forecasts and aid in future budgeting tasks.
- Collect and review the sales performance on a weekly basis, identifying trends for various projects and to support inventory management.
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders to confirm forecasting, manage agreement and drive judgement towards realistic and accurate delivery planning.
- Assist the supply chain team to manage procurement of alternatives and manage spikes in demand and promotional activity.
- Manage Vendor SLA reporting ensuring visibility at all times to the supply chain team and key stakeholders. Identify and report on any contractual exceptions, including vendor discrepancies and recalls which may have onward negative effect.
- Assist with Customer profitability analysis.
- Manage and maintain a monthly report, listing all price rises / changes and the impact on margin, formally reviewing with key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure Sales Data is captured and billed correctly
- Maintain Manufacturer margin information and actively feedback rankings targeting purchasing mix to achieve optimal margin
- Monthly Business Performance Review deck
- Participate in identifying bottlenecks and provide recommendation for remedial action as well as relevant KPIs.
- Provide any reports required for Finance Director and Head of Finance, strategic accounts and supply chain or inventory teams as required.
- Maintain and further develop the Buy Forward gain report
- Understand and comply with job-relevant Companies Practice Standards at all times.
- Understand the Companies standard operating procedures and attend training sessions as appropriate.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out any other reasonable task as requested, appropriate to the scope of the post. Experience, skills and knowledge requirements:
- Knowledge of current business systems required, specifically SAP (and preferably PowerBi)
- Strong business partnering skills and experience
- Part Qualified Accountant desirable
- Analytical skills.
- Is a team player first and foremost
- Develops great relationships, fosters collaboration with other functions & departments, at all levels.
- Works with people towards positive achievement of common goals.
- Empowers and connects effectively with others through involvement, delegation and trust.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Networks to learn & share from others.
- Systems orientated, with experience of SAP an advantage.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel.
- Accurate and numerate, with attention to detail to be able to challenge and spot errors.