Senior Project Manager (Parking & Traffic)
NewhamFull-time contract3-Month contract£250/dayTo be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of Traffic Management & Safety and Parking Design Services in the Policies and Programmes Area within the Highways and Sustainable Transport group. This will involve working with both internal and external project team members, as well as managing elements of the projects at the various stages of their delivery.To manage a team of professional and technical staff including directly employed staff, agency staff and/or external consultants, in the delivery of these services.Responsibilities:
- The post holder reports to the Principal Officer of Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking Design.
- The post holder has line management responsibility for a team of professional and technical staff totalling 6 FTE.
- The post holder has full responsibility for the management, monitoring and reporting of capital and revenue programme budgets for the schemes under their control working with an overall funding framework.
- The post-holder is responsible for the preparation and management of scheme briefs for consultants, contractors and other external bodies on various tasks to assist with delivery of projects in their control, and to manage this input effectively.
- The post holder will be required to prepare key and non-key decision reports, briefing notes and information for members and stakeholders during the various stages of their projects.
- The post holder will also be required to present proposals and/or initiatives to cabinet portfolio holders and to prepare cabinet and other member briefing papers as required.
- The post holder will have an excellent understanding of the likely external and political consequences of project decisions and to present a strong evidence base and project narrative to support any proposals as appropriate.
- The post holder will have a full appreciation of the range of risks associated with their projects and maintain a live risk register throughout the project lifecycle.
- Degree Qualified and ideally experienced in AutoCAD, KeySigns, AutoTrack, MS Project and MS Office suite.
For more information please call Tom on or email