Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic. At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you'll be doing?
The Full Stack Developer is a software engineering professional, specialising in the development of solutions for microservices and integration elements to support the Thames Water website. This role will actively participate in the design, development, automated testing and implementation of digital products. They will also help the team identify and adopt good software development and delivery practices, striving for continuous improvement within the team.The role is responsible for building microservice software by writing code, as well as modifying software to improve quality, adapting it to new infrastructure and improving its performance. You will work as part of an agile team to ensure the rapid release of high-quality, fit for purpose products that add value to Thames Water's stakeholders.We're looking for you to do
What Skills are we looking for?
- Produce high-quality code to aid in the delivery of digital products
- Provide technical leadership within the team
- Consistently deliver to challenging business objectives and adhere to Service Level Agreements and KPIs
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and make recommendations for improvement
- Utilise Agile Technical practices; Test Driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Delivery, Pair Programming
- Introduce appropriate processes and tools to optimise delivery and quality of software products
- Collaborate within agile teams to ensure quality project/product execution and software development cycle
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrable experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Demonstrable practical experience with a wide variety of software development techniques and strategies
- Significant experience of .Net core, Containerisation, Software quality tools, automated testing
- Working knowledge or experience of Sitecore Content Management System would be an advantage
- Some experience of working in an environment with Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Azure
- Experience of working with an agile team to deliver high quality solutions
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
Our competitive salary & package includes, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements and really great benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader employer.Find out more about working at Thames Water.We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of your role, you'll be asked to help out our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you'll be given full training - it's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.