Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country's best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as 'everyday' health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people's lives.
It's an exciting time to join the team as we are going through a period of growth and developing the FP&A/business partner team and therefore several opportunities have arisen. This new role will report to the Lead Finance Business Partner of National Functions to deliver against the broader responsibilities and strategic direction. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support and assistance with the development of financial plans, analysis of the financial performance and forecasts of the Digital and Intelligence and Resources networks, as well as the delivery of robust management accounts.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)About You:
- Professional Accounting Qualification or studying towards (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Able to manage and resolve conflicting priorities and stakeholder concerns
- Able to build and maintain effective networks both internally and externally
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft technologies
- Experience in managing the day-to-day, monthly and annual production of management accounting processes
- About the Role:
- Provide impactful and effective finance business partnering to St John Budget Holders
- Support the Finance Team and stakeholders by delivery of high-quality business and financial analysis, with detailed outcomes and benefits
- Work with the relevant stakeholders in the production of the charity's monthly management accounts and the annual budgeting process
- Review performance data, analyse material variances and follow up explanations and resolution with stakeholders
- Analyse, calculate and prepare detailed financial information
- Maintain capex and balance sheet reconciliations and monitor supplier schedules of activity to ensure transactions are recognised correctly
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.