This is a key role within the Marketing and Communications team, as it looks to deliver high quality marketing campaigns, both digital and offline, to promote the diverse range of services offered by both councils.What you could be part of...
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.What you'll be doing...
You must have...
- You will support the promotion of the Councils' services through proactive use of a range of media channels, including social media to drive engagement and on and offline advertising.
- You will evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing activity and provide recommendations for optimising ROI.
- You will keep Members, the public, our partners and colleagues informed, and, where necessary, offer them support in their dealings with the media.
- This role will be aligned to key service areas and support internal communications across the organisation.
You will have proven experience in digital marketing and be an engaging communicator with good writing skills. You will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, confident at taking responsibility and using your initiative to complete work within challenging deadlinesWhat's in it for you...
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.