UK Payments Clerk
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
UK Payments Clerk
Salary - Competitive & Company Benefits
Now part of the Fraser Group, Studio Retail Ltd are one of the largest online value retailers in the UK, providing a personal shopping service to over 1.9 million customers each year through our award-winning App. And Studio & Ace websites.
Our product range is huge, with over 60,000 different products covering clothing & footwear, electrical, household, textile, bedding, furniture, nursery products, gifts and greeting cards.
We employ over 1500 colleagues in a wide variety of roles, many of whom have seen their careers grow with us. Our colleagues say they work here because of our people and customers, and we offer everyone the opportunity to develop and progress.
Our customers are at the heart of everything that we do. We're currently undertaking a digital transformation program that will deliver the best service to our customers and our colleagues, to make us the leading online value retailer in the UK.
About the Opportunity
What will you be accountable for?
* Providing and compiling payment data and information for payment authorisation
* Supporting the processing and administration of new supplier and supplier amendment forms on all relevant IT systems
* Resolving invoice and payment queries from suppliers
* Adhering to all governance, risk, compliance and financial internal controls
Who are we looking for?
As a UK Payments Clerk, you will have:
* Working knowledge of Finance practices
* Good numeracy and literacy skills
* Supplier Payments background essential for all currencies
* Supplier set up and maintenance essential
* Excellent communication skills for both internal and external customers
* High level of excel skills for weekly reporting
* Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
* Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a wider team
* Confident and resilient
* Ability to deliver a range of tasks, simultaneously
* High attention to detail
* Ability to work within structured policies and processes
* Methodical and organised
* IT literate
We have many experienced colleagues who'll tell you they love working at Studio because of the people and the opportunities to develop. It's a fast-paced environment and the offices have a friendly and informal feel to them, no suits required to do a great job here!
Through the pandemic we have adopted home working, where possible but expect to return to a hybrid model as soon as is practical and safe. It is key, therefore, that you can get to and from our offices in Accrington and are happy to commute, should requirements ever necessitate.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible working hours and free parking and would love to hear from you if you think we could be the right company for you.