We have an exciting opportunity for a proven Data Engineer to develop and enhance my clients' data warehouse platform, the core foundation of their Data Analytics offering. This role sits within the Data Operations Team, working closely with the Data Analytics team to support a wide range of data-driven solutions. The organisations future plans include moving their MI databases to the cloud and part of this role will be to drive that forward.
What you'll be doing:
* Data warehouse design and implementation, including partitioning, indexing and other technologies.
* Working closely with the Data Analytics team to ensure database design, database performance and current ETL processes meet business requirements.
* Design and maintenance of ETL processes as required, primarily using SSIS.
* Troubleshooting any MI and ETL issues.
* Identifying any opportunities for enhancing existing ETL processes.
Some of the skills you should have:
* Solid background in SQL Server, with demonstrable experience in data warehousing.
* Good level of technical experience across the Microsoft SQL stack: T-SQL, SQL Server 2016 and above and SSIS.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Experience of translating business requirements into technical requirements.
* Experience of supporting SQL Server in a production environment.
* Familiarity with source control systems such as GitHub or Azure DevOps.
* Strong understanding of GDPR and principles of data masking and/or anonymisation.
* Ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of disciplines.
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
o Database deployment processes
o SSRS administration