Senior Care Assistant (Nights) - Experience Required
Canners Way, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 0BJ
**£500 Welcome Bonus**
Up to £29677 DOE
Shift Patterns: 8pm - 8am
Full time/part time
Must have an NVQ Level 3 and senior care experience
Should you be successfully hired into this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £500 as a thank you for deciding to join our Care Services. The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks' service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. Ts &Cs Apply.
What your typical day involves
* Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you'll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
* Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
* Administering medication in line with the Bupa medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
* Supporting at meal times: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
* Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
* Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we're looking for
You're someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people's lives. With experience working in a care setting, you'll likely have an NVQ3 in care or equivalent and will need to complete Bupa medication awareness training. From your experience, you'll know there will be challenging days, but you'll you also know you will laugh, joke, listen and make lasting memories with our residents as you get to know them. A great communicator, you'll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You'll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What's in it for you?
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
* Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
* Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
* Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
* Cash plan (after 2 years' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Less than a mile from Stratford-upon-Avon train station, Canning Court offers nursing and residential care, as well as providing short stays and palliative care. The home has a friendly feel where the team are passionate about championing dignity and independence - organising a wide variety of activities meaning there's no typical day here. As part of the team, you're supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it