Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Procurement Manager to be responsible for the delivery of the procurement strategy including best practices, tools, guidance and support aligned to business and operational requirements.
• Responsible for procurement of £32m of goods
• Establish all costs across the business to include Head Office and 15 operating centres.
• Negotiating terms and contracts with suppliers.
• Review the opportunities to release savings by either 1.buying cheaper (alternative supplier) (quick wins) 2. spend better (review specification) 3. spend less (consumption monitoring)
• Develop flexible and efficient procurement strategies (including benchmarking) that deliver value for money and minimise business risks.
• Working cross functionally to support the business in developing an effective process to identify and manage procurement requirements.
• Establishing national suppliers where necessary
• Develop tender documentation and coordinate the tender and evaluation process.
• Undertake robust analysis of commercial information at tender stage; manage the internal approval process as required; and support and advise internal stakeholders.
• Provide support to internal stakeholders and suppliers on contractual issues and queries.
• Support continuous development and improvement of contract management and procurement systems and processes.
• Demonstrate success by measuring performance and ensure best practice continues going forward.
• Look at E auction opportunities.
The ideal candidate should focus on improvement of relations and account conditions with existing suppliers while finding and vetting new suppliers who can meet needs more efficiently and assist the growth of the company.
Management of ad hoc projects as directed by the UK & Ireland Finance Director
• Excellent written, verbal and numerical communication skills
• Strong negotiator with suppliers
• Experience in delivering measurable cost savings through successful supply chain management
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated, flexible can-do attitude works well under pressure, on own initiative and in a team environment
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build rapport with other departments
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available