Assistant Relationship Manager - Development FinanceThe Bank:
Serves the needs of scale up or medium sized and fast-growing SMEs; professionals; high net worth and mass affluent individuals - market segments that still value human service enabled by great technology.
Professional and personal lives often overlap, and the banks mission is to help empower their customers to achieve their ambitions by serving all their interdependent banking needs.
They provide a comprehensive range of digitally enabled products and services to meet the property finance, business and commercial banking, private banking and personal savings needs of their customers.
Their human and digital model transforms banking for customers who still value a face-to-face relationship that is enabled by the latest digital technology.
The bank is on an exciting UK wide journey of growth and diversification including building a brand new Development Finance team.Main Responsibilities:
- Support the bank's relationship managers and directors in delivering a first-class customer service by ensuring efficient delivery of all team objectives.
- Complete customer Annual Reviews to the high standards expected for approval including; completing security collateral, financial commitments schedules, memos, balance sheet analysis and Moodys for reports/reviews as required.
- Support the team in the ongoing management and review of AML submissions, ensure that KYC procedures including the requirements for periodic reviews in accordance with the AML framework on all customer connections are maintained and recorded in accordance with AML policies and procedures.
- Analyse financial and non-financial information as part of the assessment process.
- Complete credit advance proposals to the high standards expected for approval including CAPS (Credit Application Processing System), security collateral, financial commitments schedule, narrative, balance sheet analysis and Moodys.
- Analyse financial & non-financial information as part of the assessment/review process.
- Management of: Loan Management Diary; Lease Consents; Security Valuations; Loan redemption requests; AML transaction alerts; Sanctioning of inward/outward customer payments; Mandate changes; Issuing of credit letters (arrears etc); Account maintenance; Building Insurance.
- Contact customers to obtain relevant information as required.
- Develop an understanding of the Bank's products and services. Identify and introduce sales opportunities.
Salary & Benefits:
- Must have demonstrable experience in a similar role within a bank or alternative lender with a development finance focus.
- Ambitious - this role is the stepping stone to more senior positions as the bank continues to grow and diversify.
- Strong service ethos.
- Good understanding of wider banking services.
- Examples of can-do attitude and track record of quick progression.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and committed with a strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and improve performance.
- Ability to build rapport with people across the business whilst retaining a high level of professionalism.
Competitive basic salary, dependent upon experience. Various other benefits including an annual cash allowance, generous non-contributory pension, annual discretionary bonus, healthcare, life cover and more.