This sought-after position offers you an excellent opportunity to join our Market Risk team in London.
Market Risk is concerned with measuring and limiting Macquarie's exposure to adverse movements in markets. Due to the diversity and complexity of the products that Macquarie trades, this is a constantly challenging responsibility, but one that is pivotal to the Macquarie way of doing business.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Exposure to a wide range of businesses and products from around the globe.
- Interacting regularly with the front office traders to ensure that the market risks arising from day-to-day trading positions are fully understood and managed appropriately within the limit framework.
- Calculating and reporting traded market risk metrics to trading desks and senior management each day.
- Working with the front office and market risk stakeholders on new product and limit approvals to ensure that the risks arising from the new venture are fully understood, developing risk scenarios and setting limits
- Investigating significant profit and loss events and reporting to senior management on key drivers.
- Liaising with a broad variety of other functions to ensure that the trading systems adequately represent the risk profile of the trading books, and that risk numbers are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitoring market news and trends, which will be vital to understanding the markets.
- Operating in a global environment, working with Market Risk staff based in Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Paris, New York, Houston and Geneva.
We're seeking a Market Risk analyst with 0 to 2 years' experience with an international financial institution, financial services firm, or commodities trading firm.
You will have the ability to balance and switch between detail orientated problem-solving, versus managing higher level strategic activities and objectives. You will bring the ability to sustain a high level of performance under pressure with short deadlines and competing priorities, and you will have a strong analytical ability and judgment. You are a confident communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and able to interact with stakeholders across all levels. You will also hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or a related analytical field.
If you're ready to join a global organisation and take your career to the next level, apply now online.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.