Position: Internal Communication and Engagement Manager
Salary: Up to £46,000 DOE, 5% matched contribution on pension, single cover on private medical insurance
Hours: 37.5hrs per week, balance of working remotely and from their Head Office
Our client City have a newly created role of Internal Communications and Engagement Manager reporting into the People Director. City have an ambitious people agenda to support their business plans and are looking for a self-motivated, talented team player to join in and contribute to their evolving business.
At City they take pride in their family values, City have a can-do attitude focused on delivering great service to all their customers, and their people are at the heart of what they do.
About the Role
City are looking for an experienced individual to own, design, develop and execute their internal communications and engagement strategy to their colleagues who work across the UK and NI delivering first class services to their customers within the retail, logistics, hospitality, petrochemical, and construction sectors.
This role will be instrumental in driving all things culture, purpose, and values, building on their strong foundations. You will create and lead the execution of a strategy that brings their employer brand and colleague experience journey to life, working collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire business, creating communities and connections by engaging them with creative content, and innovative interactions.
To be successful, you will: -
* Design and deliver their internal communications and engagement strategy and manage their communications and events calendar
* Work with key stakeholders to design and deliver their employer brand across internal and external media
* Lead the implementation and embedding of their companywide intranet, creating an effective communication channel strategy that delivers the right information, to the right audiences, through the right channels, at the right time
* Communicate the great charity work they do as well as building relationships with other external partners and providers
* Support the development and delivery of their EDI strategy, managing internal campaigns, working with stakeholder and ally groups as well as supporting on project launches and key business updates
* Lead their Engagement Survey work stream and strategic internal engagement projects to continuously listen to colleagues and work on their feedback
* Help create and co-ordinate their rewards and recognition initiatives with their values and behaviours at the heart of everything they do
* Plan, schedule, copy write, collate, and coordinate cross functionally all of their internal communication channels and platforms, including Colleague & Manager Self Service, intranet, email, video, noticeboards and newsletters ensuring content is relevant, easy to engage with and interactive
* Enjoy creating captivating and effective content and work with stakeholders and colleagues across the business to collate content ensuring clarity, consistency, tone of voice and quality of content across every touchpoint
* Seek feedback and continuously evaluate by analysing the effectiveness of channels to improve colleague communications and provide insights on the most effective ways to reach colleagues
* Partner with and develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business, including working closely with the leadership team to develop news and stories and best practice from across the business.
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively but also to be flexible and adapt/respond to emerging issues, short deadlines and other demands or challenges
* Support the organisation and delivery of key social activity and performance update events
To bring the best to this new and exciting role you will have the following attributes, skills, and experience: -
* Innovative, dynamic self-starter
* Adaptable, rolls sleeves up and has a can-do attitude
* Equivalent experience working in internal communications, PR or social media or other relevant experience.
* Evidence of delivering campaigns and colleague experience activities to wide and varied audiences.
* Ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level.
* First class copywriting skills with ability to adapt tone of voice dependent on audience, with flawless grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
* Creativity and imagination, but with a sharp eye for detail.
* Have good interpersonal skills with ability to influence and handle sensitive situations, maintaining confidentiality, where necessary
* Work collaboratively with strong ability to build relationships, influence and collaborate constructively with stakeholders always listening and building on feedback.
* Ability to distil complex projects or concepts into simple, relatable communications to keep colleagues (at all levels) abreast of company activity and ongoing business changes.
* Ability to prioritise with good organisational skills and time management
* Ability to multitask leading different projects and work under pressure, with changing priorities, tight deadlines, and budgets.
* Experience with Microsoft Office and other communication technology
* A team player who embraces the company culture and gets involved
* Ability to remain positive and motivated and inspire those around you.
* Solution driven, inquisitive and always looking to learn new and improved ways of delivering.
Interested candidates should forward their CV with a letter outlining why they should be considered for this position to Bryan Liddle at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LTD