Here at Cedar Grove Veterinary Clinic, we are looking for a dedicated and professional Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. You will divide your days between consulting sessions and sessions which involve surgical procedures and diagnostic investigations.
The rota will involve working 4 days per week with and 1-half weekend in 6 and 1 full weekend in 6. Our out-of-hours is managed by Vets Now. About Us
Cedar Grove is a progressive Small Animal RCVS Accredited Hospital with a significant and growing referral caseload. We have excellent surgical, medical, and diagnostic facilities to include in house MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-ray facilities. Cedar Grove is situated in affluent South Belfast, a cosmopolitan, growing city with much to offer both socially and for outdoor enthusiasts.
Our team at Cedar Grove is led by a team of 10 Veterinary Surgeons, 14 Registered Veterinary Nurses, Animal Nursing Assistants and 12 Support Staff. We have a range of Vets with additional qualifications and certificates and several working towards certificates. Our greatest resource is our staff - their enthusiasm, experience, and ability to work together as a team helps us provide the highest standards of care.Applicant Requirements
Cedar Grove is a busy 1st opinion and referral practice providing excellent care for pets and their clients. This position would suit a confident and experienced veterinary surgeon who is proficient in consultations and surgical skills. CPD and post graduate certificates encouraged and funded along with excellent in-house clinical support.Benefits Veterinary SurgeonBecause our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:Work-life balance
- 6.2 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being
- Non-accidental injury support
Professional Memberships Additional
- £1,200 per annum or advanced allowance for referral vets
- Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon - our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100's of retailers
- Pension - 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Up to £2,000 relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6023 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Susan at email@example.com or call 07977242576 for more information.
To submit your application click the apply button.