At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on service users & their families.
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) to join us at Cygnet Hospital Appletree.
Cygnet Appletree, near Durham, is a mental health hospital for women that includes Pippin Ward, a specialist PICU service and Bramley Ward, an acute service for women.
Our person-centred service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users' lives.Your Day-to-Day...
You will have...
- The post-holder will have overall management responsibility for the delivery of service user centred care within the ward, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place.
- You will manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, evaluating the standard of service delivered and co-ordinate multidisciplinary working.
- You will maintain excellent communication and working relationships with all team members and other services within Cygnet Hospital Clifton ensuring effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
- To work 40 hours a week which includes on call responsibilities
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Experience as a Registered Nurse (RMN / RNLD / Staff Nurse) with a current Pin Number
- The ability to delegate in a clinical management role or have worked as a Ward Manager or Deputy, Senior Nurse or Clinical Team Leader
- Compassion, resilience and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain documentation and undertake audits
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 & latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Dedication to empower & support service user independence
- Registered Mental Health Nurse / RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
- RCNi membership
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre e.g. NHS card
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Free meals
- Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.What next?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference - every day - we want to talk to you!
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to email@example.com