We are looking for a professional, confident Deputy Ward Manager (New Dawn Ward) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care. ***We are offering a £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation) and £2,000 Annual Retention Bonus (£1,000 paid every 6 months), as well as up to £6,000 relocation support***
You'll be working full-time at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. This role is mainly Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, however there will also be occasional shift work in numbers or covering the bleep
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London and has a "Good" overall CQC rating. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
This role is based on New Dawn Ward, our 18-bed, psychology led, structured Tier 4 Personality Disorder service which offers a range of psychologically minded interventions including dialectic behaviour therapy interventions. The service supports patients to return to functional lives, reduce self-harm and emotional distress, with the successful outcome of more than 75% of patients being discharged to low level supportive accommodation or back to their lives in the community
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for a motivated leader to share our passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others - every day.Your day-to-day...
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- In conjunction with the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager, provide support to clinical staff in the provision of safe, adequate (qualitative and quantitative) nursing cover to the clinical area
- Provide suggestions, proposals and recommendations to the Hospital Manager and Ward Manager aimed at the continued development of the ward
- Contribute and participate in planned visits to ward by professional visitors
- Initiate and maintain a monitoring system in relation to professional nursing practice at unit level, including PIN numbers and the current registration of all qualified staff, including bank staff
- Ensure that the evaluation of service delivery is user (i.e. patient, carer and family) based
- To advise non-clinical staff within the hospital on management of patients with mental illness
- To ensure patients' rights to confidentiality are respected and that Cygnet Health Care and professional policies are adhered to
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
Cygnet Health Care
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting - preferably personality disorders
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the link to apply or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org