The role of an Analyst - Financial Accounting Services is to support the management and integrity of the General Ledger in conjunction with delivering a comprehensive range of financial accounting services to all business units. The role will include engagement with stakeholders at various levels within FSS, across the various business units within the wider EDF UK community and external customers where appropriate.
LONGDESCRIPTION section. 3 of 6.Section Title: Nature and Scope Nature and Scope Finance Shared Services are responsible for delivering, redesigning and consolidating Finance support activities to provide them more efficiently and cost effectively to our business.
The Analyst will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the function by supporting change and striving to achieve high levels of service delivery and customer satisfaction. A professional, efficient, courteous and confidential approach will be essential in helping the team maintain its excellent customer satisfaction record.
LONGDESCRIPTION section. 4 of 6.Section Title: Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities
- Support the management and integrity of the General Ledger
- Deliver a comprehensive range of financial accounting services to all business units
- Complete reconciliations and provide supporting evidence to designated customers within agreed timescales
- Support improvement initiatives within the Financial Accounting Services team
- Carry out financial recharging in SAP as required
All of the above activities require:
- Collaborative working
- Excellent Customer Focus including, written, telephony, email, face to face.
- Proactively manage relationships with stakeholders such as Business Partners, Finance Managers and the wider EDF Energy business community
- Respond to all requests for information or support within an appropriate timescale
LONGDESCRIPTION section. 5 of 6.Section Title: Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- This role requires a proactive, enthusiastic, methodical and adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal and customer focused skills and with an eye for detail.
- A willingness to take responsibility and assume ownership
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while handling multiple task
- Relevant and proven experience in the energy or finance sector.
- Educated to degree level in a finance discipline (or equivalent)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP Finance preferred