Ruby on Rails - Mid level - Back End Engineer
Minimum 2 years experience.
Our client offers a data driven web app to petrol retailers, allowing them to optimize their business operations to maximize returns. Having launched in September 2017, our client is being used by a growing number of petrol retailers across the UK.
We are seeking a remote or London based Back End Engineer to join our team and drive the product forward. We are looking for senior candidates with a minimum of 3 years commercial experience. To qualify for this role, you must have demonstrable experience, be self-motivated, resourceful, and disciplined with your time, staying aware of important deadlines and milestones.
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering, experienced engineering and QA teams to drive the product towards meeting the client's ambitious objectives
- Work collaboratively to solve complex mathematical and logical problems in efficient and elegant ways to provide our API with rapid and scalable services
- Use your strong understanding of programming best practices, common design patterns and standards to ship world class products
- Use Agile Scrum methodology to accurately estimate projects on time and complexity
- Collaborate with other remote team members using Slack, Jira, email and phone.
- Availability to attend fortnightly sprint grooming or planning sessions in our central London office will be a significant advantage
- Own feature stories through the whole cycle, ensuring their quality and success
- Mentor other developers on skills you are strong with.
- Learn new technologies and techniques where you are not
Core tech stack includes:
- Permanent, full time remote role
- Unlimited holidays after the first 12 months
- Competitive salary
- Pick the Apple/Windows equipment you need to do your job effectively
- Contributions to learning materials/courses/books - your development is important to us
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Play a significant part in building a world class app, service, product and business