Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a growing and dynamic multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy with the hire of a Planning Director.
You will work alongside a wider team of professionals in architecture, building surveying, building services engineering, interior design, sustainability, civil and structural engineering, quantity surveying, project management, CDM and health and safety services.
From a planning perspective, the team provides a wide range of services across the majority of industry sectors including commercial, health, education, defence, residential and community.
Our client has offices in London, Billericay, Cambridge, Colchester, Norwich and Oxford with plans to open further sites in the future! This role is based out of the Cambridge office though the is scope to work from any of the companies offices.
The role will involve working with an established planning team providing strategic and technical planning advice on projects for a variety of clients. The role will also mean bringing in new resource and skills to move the team forward and provide a broader understanding of development opportunities, such as larger-scale representations to local plans, EIA's, highways and transportation infrastructure led works, renewable energy sector opportunities and minerals and waste planning.Some key responsibilities will be
Essential skills, experience, and attributes...
- Develop and deliver the strategy of the Practice in line with the local and practice-wide business plans and business continuity planning
- Be responsible for the day-to-day workload of the team to ensure that all team members are motivated and have the necessary skills and abilities to carry out their work efficiently and effectively.
- Recruit and manage individuals effectively to create a high-performing team.
- Provide leadership, direction, and feedback on the team and individual objectives.
- A strong background in strategic planning policy advice, development delivery and site appraisals
- Professionally qualified member of an appropriate institution
- Competent in the development of BD strategy development evolving into demonstrable success in team development and growth
- Degree/master's degree in relevant planning related subject
- RTPI accreditation
- Experience of managing and training a team of planning staff
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of contracts and client interaction, ensuring work undertaken matches the scope and fee
- Competitive salaries and earning opportunities.
- Great office team-building events and fully expensed seasonal social events.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment.
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Health cash plan scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement with long service recognition and festive shutdown.
- Early Finish incentives when the Practice targets are hit.
Variety, growth plans, existing clients and colleagues, great pay and conditions - why wouldn't you want to apply?!What next?
For more information on this role or others in the planning sector, please contact Matt Fraser on 01792 341 104 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org