Your new company
We have an exciting opportunity for a reward specialist to join a market leader. You will lead on the reward elements of the implementation of a new people system as well as providing reward support on other elements of the reward plan, BAU and processes. This role is highly remote however as the start of the project gets underway some travel to London will be expected, the vast majority will be from home.
Your new role
Customer / Strategy/ Plan
* Lead on reward elements of the new people system implementation including understanding 'as is' and 'to be' processes, reviewing data requirements and integrations
* Partner with the project team, providing reward expertise and liaising with wider reward colleagues to gather input as required
* Support on other elements of the annual reward calendar, often to tight timescales and identifying opportunities to improve processes and activities
* Input into the reward plan and lead on agreed projects, engaging with relevant stakeholders
* Working with wider People team to ensure systems are configured and data maintained accurately and effectively to meet current and future needs - supporting system design requirement changes, as necessary.
* Support Head of People Reward by providing ad-hoc reward support as required including job evaluations, benchmarking and end of year processes
* Respond to reward queries providing accurate advice and information. Escalating as required or consulting with others including People team members or third party providers
* Act as a trusted advisor providing high quality reward and benefits advice and service
* Work as part of a team with reward and wider People team and to provide any other adhoc support to other members of the People function as required
* Provide guidance and support to the Reward and Benefits Advisor (not line management)
Financial / Commercials
* Model and forecast cost proposals to inform business decisions including base pay, variable pay and benefits
* Ensure benefit spend is in line with agreed budgets and escalate any issues as required
Risk and process
* Adhere to applicable legislative and regulatory requirements and have an awareness of future changes. Proactively identify risks, escalate as required
* Identify and suggest continuous improvements to the quality and efficiency of the reward and benefits offering to colleagues and the business - implementing changes as agreed
* To operate within agreed governance frameworks and processes, escalating any non-compliance as required and ensuring people data is used, managed and stored appropriately
* Provide any other support to the People function and transformation plan as required
What you'll need to succeed
* HR and People System experience (ideally Oracle)
* Project management experience
* Understanding of a range of reward and benefits arrangements including base pay reviews, bonus payments etc
* Experience of job evaluation, pay benchmarking (ideally Willis Towers Watson) and levelling techniques and tools
* Strong numerical and analytical skills and strong attention to detail; getting it right first time - intermediate/advanced Excel skills
* Excellent communications skills (written and oral) and ability to articulate analysis in a clear and concise way
* Good relationship building skills - comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
* Resilient, pragmatic and flexible, delivering to tight timescales - a strong team player, demonstrating a sense of urgency to deliver
* Ability to continually identify and drive process improvements
* Good business understanding and strong customer focus
* Experience dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
* Good legislation knowledge and awareness applicable to reward and benefits areas e.g. NMW/NLW, GDPR, pensions etc and interest in external market trends and developments
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.