Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Business/Operational Auditor, Officer, who will work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to ensure the businesses are complying with relevant regulatory requirements and corporate policy and procedures. In this role you will participate in audits across all of State Street's businesses in EMEA comprising of Global Services Global Markets Global Exchange and Global Advisors. You will perform field work and testing within Global Services like: Custody Services Trustee Services and Fund Accounting. In this role you will be based out in London, United Kingdom.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business/Operational Auditor, Officer you will
What we value
- Perform risk-based audit work and special reviews using the divisions audit methodology to evaluate risk and determine control objectives.
- Obtain and analyze complex evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls being reviewed.
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance in order to effectively lead discussions around opportunities for improvement identified.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings in an automated work paper program.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and providing information in meetings.
- Develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager. Assisting in the drafting of audit reports to clearly communicate risks and core audit issues.
- Collaborate with counterparts across corporate audit functions globally with a view to share information in order to improve the audit process.
- Ensure adherence to company policies Corporate Audit procedures the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and industry regulations.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills, ability to prioritize and solid time management skills.
- A range of personal attributes including: collaborative, determined, energetic, inquisitive, intelligent and articulated.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key partners, peers, staff and executives at all level
- Interest to develop core competencies in Audit and develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
- 4+ years of risk base audit experience in either public accounting or internal audit risk advisory and relevant financial services industry experience in global services.
- Degree-level education
- A relevant professional qualification either new or recently qualified ACA,CPA,CIA,CAMS, CISA are a plus.
- An understanding of key regulations impacting the global services business
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Willingness to travel mostly within Europe (estimated at 35%).
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.