As a Barclays Equity Derivatives Risk Developer, you'll be responsible for developing new features and enhancements to the platform, and developing architectural improvements relating to performance, scalability and technical debt reduction. You'll be involved in all aspects of software delivery, including analysis, design, prototyping, development, deployment and hand-over to the support team, as well as providing second line support as part of a support rota.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for developing new features and enhancements to the platform
• Developing architectural improvements relating to performance, scalability and technical debt reduction
• Being involved in all aspects of software delivery, including analysis, design, prototyping, development, deployment and hand-over to the support team
• Providing second line support as part of a support rota as and when required
• Working closely with Traders and other business users to understand the Equity Derivatives Trading business
• Working on challenging technical problems relating to large data volumes, performance and scalability
What we're looking for:
• Proficiency in Java 8 or above, with hands-on multithreading experience.
• Proficiency in SQL
• Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms.
• Knowledge of development best practices such as TDD, code reviews, automated code analysis
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with in-memory data grid technology such as Oracle Coherence and GridGain/Apache Ignite
• Experience working on data-intensive distributed systems, and with microservices architectures
• Experience of working in Equity Derivatives Risk, or related financial background
• Experience in building realtime n-tier applications with understanding of front to back flows between thin UI clients and Java services.
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.