This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Investment ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Analyst you will be exposed to the complete breadth of UKRF (UK retirement fund) asset classes, strategies, regions and managers. You will be part of the wider Oak Pension Asset Management (OPAM)team and its institutional investment process. You will benefit from contributing and providing to the Team's overall top-down and bottom-up investment strategy and ideas; ESG analytics and reporting; portfolio risk, and operational, and implementation processes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• You will support and contribute to the management of the UKRF assets from an ESG perspective
• You will be supporting the manager research and monitoring process across the UKRF assets (Cash/LDI; High Quality Credit; Contractual Cashflow Assets.
• Supporting and/or lead the UKRF RI initiatives and project, along with the development of RI metrics calculation and the review of new OPAM investments & divestments
• Maintaining a close liaison with Barclays Pensions and Benefits Team in order to efficiently share data for reporting purposes and highlight key portfolio developments
• Supporting and/or leading the UKRF Responsible Investment (RI) initiatives and projects.
• Developing of RI metrics calculation and the review of new OPAM investments & divestments from RI perspective
What we're looking for:
• Interest in financial markets and ESG Integration
• Demonstrated quantitative ability with exceptional analytical skills
• Experienced in investments and Asset Management
• Experience working with external stewardship providers
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with front office portfolio systems (e.g Charles River, Bloomberg, MSCI ESG Manager and BarraOne)
• Excellent Stakeholder management skills
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.