I am currently working for a Government organisation who are seeking a Senior IT Engineer to work to support their infrastructure on a 3rd line basis.
As a Senior IT Support Engineer (Desktop) in the Technology Services Directorate, the post holder will have a strong, desktop support technical background and be assigned the following duties:
* Key interface to the Infrastructure, Information Security and Development & Test Teams, as well as the business stakeholders for support matters, including on-boarding new services, upgrades to applications, patches, backup/restore, being the shift left lead and driving effective service delivery.
* Primary responsibility for the delivery of end user computing technical support to one of the two office sites and providing flexibility and full cover across either site as required.
* Supporting the Service Operations team to ensure full compliance with their security and access policies and practices including User Administration and control of all access rights to the data and applications.
* Contributing to innovation and enhancements in Service Operations, including Desktop in a digital environment, automation and efficiencies eg Support tools increasing end user self-service, omni channel and enhanced remote support.
* Strong technical support for end user computing with expertise at 2.5/3rd line level, working within a team of colleagues who are end user computing Managers, Engineers and Desktop Analysts, ensuring effective Incident resolution and Request fulfilment to high technical standards within SLA.
* Significant experience of IT infrastructure and System Design including practical skills and understanding of User Account Administration, Access Management Controls, Active Directory, Exchange, System Centre Configuration Manager, Microsoft 365 (including Intune, Sharepoint), Bloomberg, Blackrock, Contact Centre telephony and basic network issues.
* Experience in information security and the types of security controls that can be used to mitigate security threats within solutions and services with a strong focus on cloud security and implementing remediations to vulnerabilities.
* Experience in initiating and monitoring actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including 3rd line escalations, consulting specialists where required and assisting with implementation as well as preventative measures