NHS 111 Call Handler - 12hrs - Milton keynes
Are you someone who is great with customers, either on the phone or face to face?
Do you have great levels of compassion and care about the people you come into contact with?
Are you looking for a career and not just another job?
Perhaps one where you can make a real difference to our patients.
We are looking to recruit reliable, caring and enthusiastic people to join our motivated, friendly and hardworking team based in Milton Keynes on a 12hr per week rota.
As a 111 Call Handler, you will take a variety of incoming calls from patients, providing them with an appropriate response to urgent healthcare needs within a timeframe. This could range from booking a GP appointment, advising them to attend an out of hour's service or even dispatching an ambulance. No two calls are the same.
We are offering a great basic salary of £20,330 (for full-time). For all hours that you work between 8pm and 6am Monday - Friday and all-day Saturday you will earn a shift bonus so you will earn roughly £14 per hour. For Sundays and Public Holidays, you will earn roughly £17.60 per hour.
Plus, we are now offering a generous recruitment and retention bonus.
**The bonuses below are for full-time contracts and those on part-time contracts will receive a percentage of the maximum bonus e.g. for a 24 hour per week contract the first bonus would be £128. The second bonus would be £192. The final bonus would be £448**
A £200 bonus will be paid once you successfully complete the 3-week initial classroom training.
An extra £300 bonus will be paid when you've been successfully signed off after your coaching and mentoring period (roughly 3 months after the classroom training).
A further £700 bonus will be paid when you've completed your probationary period (generally 6 months after coaching sign-off but in some circumstances, this can be extended).
Candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts which will include nights, weekends, bank holidays and religious holidays as part of their rota.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Great customer services experience that involves talking to people and helping them
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Basic computer literacy (full systems training will be given)
- A passion to help people
- Attention to detail (we read your application form carefully)
If successful, you will then be invited to an assessment session to see if you have the essential skills expected of a 111 Health Advisor. You will need to have access to a webcam and a laptop or PC to do the assessments (you will need to use a proper keyboard). The assessment will test your:
* Typing Skills
* Listening skills
If successful at assessment, you will be invited to an online interview.
Training is provided for the role and is a mixture of in the classroom and in the call centre. You will need to be able to commit to a 6-week training programme which will be fully paid. The 6-week training programme is full-time: this applies even if you will then be working part-time.
Day and evening training times are available.
We have training dates booked throughout the year with courses in July, August and September 2022.
* Training and support from our dedicated in-house education team.
* A nationally recognized qualification in Pathways.
* Generous annual leave entitlement - Starting at 27days plus 8 bank holidays with the amount increasing at 5 years and 10 years with continuous service.
* Access to continual professional development and opportunities within SCAS and the NHS.
* Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme.
* Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme.
* NHS Discounts in over 200+ stores including Holidays, Days out, Car insurance, Restaurants and Clothing.
If you are still interested in this fantastic opportunity, to really make a difference to people lives, please apply today, and one our recruitment team will be in contact with you.
If you wish to view an example 12-hour rota for the role, please get in touch