Our communications team is actively influencing and providing guidance around current and future trends in mobility to our Insurer Members, the automotive industry, legislators, and consumers. It's challenging but rewarding work which sees us working with some of the UK's top media.
Working closely with the Head of Communications, the Marketing Communications Manager will manage the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy. This will involve supporting the commercial and research agendas, including building our brand and driving our global influence. In addition, you will mentor and provide support to two Marketing Communications Leads. Together you form the Marketing Communications Planning function and are vital to the design and delivery of effective campaigns.
The position of Marketing Communications Manager offers an unrivalled opportunity to 'have a voice' in a highly relevant and influential organisation, operating at the cutting-edge of research and analysis into future car safety technology, security and repair.
As the Marketing Communications Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
* Shaping and managing the strategic direction for marketing communications ensuring that they support business and brand strategy
* Mentoring and supporting two Marketing Communications Leads
* Championing and steering an integrated approach to communications campaign planning and delivery, working with individuals across functions and teams
* Effectively managing the communications budget, ensuring efficiency
* Active management of campaign design and delivery phases, ensuring that solutions are implemented as designed, keeping disruptions to a minimum to enable delivery on time and to budget
* Ability to act in a consultative capacity, running meetings and workshops as required
* Post campaign launch support, managing issues and ongoing reporting - organising and reporting on debriefs as required
As the Marketing Communications Manager your skills and experience will include:
* 7 years plus experience working in a marketing communications role gained from either an agency or client team in a similar role
* Proven track record and experience of leading and facilitating effective delivery of communications projects - from start to finish - thorough campaign management
* Experience in managing resources across a high volume of projects
* Must have experience working with senior stakeholders to develop effective marketing communications campaigns
* Proven experience managing budgets, working with agencies as well as in-house creative teams
* Experience in developing digital marketing strategies, including SEO, paid advertising, retargeting tactics to drive influence would be highly advantageous
* Experience in translating technical information into compelling marketing communications campaigns
* Proficient in Microsoft office tools, such as SharePoint List, Ms Planner, as well as other tools for planning, and measuring campaign effectiveness
What we're looking for in you:
You are a confident and clear communicator, with a natural ability to facilitate collaboration across teams. Your excellent leadership skills enable you to successfully provide direction and manage cross functional projects; whilst your effective organisational skills ensure that projects are completed on time and within agreed scope. You are comfortable working within a fast-paced environment, under pressure and across multiple project deliverables.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment selection process.
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire. Our blended working approach means you'll spend time working from our head office in Thatcham and from home, should you wish to do so.
Salary: Circa £52,000 dependent on skills/experience. In addition we offer a competitive benefits package which includes up to 13% annual bonus, company car or car allowance, a 10% non-contributory pension, sick pay, competitive annual leave increasing with length of service, TechScheme Vouchers, plus more!
Working Hours: 8.30 - 16.30 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 15.45 Fridays
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repair.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy, Track Testing Facility and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast-moving and highly technical industry.
Thatcham Research is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We are committed to ensuring we have a fair and inclusive recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any point during your recruitment journey