JAVA BIG DATA** **CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY** **LONDON/REMOTE**
I am currently recruiting for a big data java developer on behalf of a tier one investment bank on 12-month contract term.
This role is unfortunately is inside IR35, but is paying up to £700 per day with strong likelihood of renewals.
Developer Skills & Experience:
* Expert in Core Java, Apache Spark batch and streaming, Delta Lake, ADLS, Kafka
* Expert in DataBricks on Azure, BigData, event driven solutions
* Expert in DevOps, Automated testing and CI/CD (using GitLab), Maven, Gradle.
* Experience delivering solutions using Microservice Architecture, Containers, Kubernetes, AKS, Helm, Terraform, ARM
* Ability to communicate effectively well within team, across teams and in larger community of practice, as well as facilitate agile ceremonies.
* Ability to analyse complex trading, order management and execution requirements, design and implement solutions
* Successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements such as stability, capacity, latency and throughput
* Hands-on experience of agile software development practices and methodologies, especially scrum
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and a desire to work as part of a global team
* TDD, BDD
* Source code management (Gitlab), Continuous Integration (Gitlab) and Artefact Management (Nexus)
Cloud Services Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience designing and hands on building Java based Big Data solutions on Azure Cloud platform essential
* CI/CD pipeline experience: Gitlab with hands on Terraform experience
* Security & Secrets Management (Azure Key Vault, HashiCorp Vault)
* Logging & Monitoring (Log analytics, AppInsights, AppDynamics)
* Scheduling and File Transfers: Airflow, Apache NiFi, azcopy
* Security (Istio or Azure OSM, encryption)