Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Customer Accounts Specialist to work with one of our Housing Association clients in South London.
What the job will be doing
* To undertake the collection of debts in accordance with the Association income collection policies and procedures, working with other staff to collectively meet objectives.
* To ensure individual arrears reductions targets are met, and where possible bettered.
* To own the whole income collection and arrears process as defined by policy and process to ensure appropriate recovery action is taken to reduce the level.
* The ability to represent the Association at Court or tribunal hearings and successfully obtain the appropriate outcome.
* To take legal action as appropriate and in line with policy to recover housing debt, including the service of notices, the completion of legal paperwork for court applications and enforcement of court orders.
What you will need
* A strong level of experience of customer account management for a registered social housing provider or similar sector.
* Strong numeracy, literacy and communication skills with a minimum pass in Mathematics and English at GCSE level or equivalent.
* A strong level of understanding of the Housing Act, pre action protocol and arrears management best practice.
* The ability to prepare court documentation for arrears possession hearings.
* Experience in working in customer facing environment, with day to day engagement with customers and stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ollie at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.