1st Line Service Desk Engineer
Full time, permanent
We're Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We've grown a lot since our beginning back in 2005. We're proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we've got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide. And this is where you come in.
We're now looking for 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join our team and help us deliver great results for our clients.
As a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for IT-related queries from across our client base.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide efficient and effective customer service to end-users and other stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for technical service requests
- Log and maintain chronological details throughout a service ticket lifecycle
- Provide 1st line diagnosis and resolution with a high level of first-time fixes
- Respond appropriately to more complex problems through escalation
- Prioritise and manage your workload to ensure client SLAs are met
To join us as a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience providing IT support
- Exemplary customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience of administering and supporting the latest Microsoft technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Microsoft Office issues (2003 and onwards)
- The ability to build, configure, administer and support all versions of Windows desktops
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS with an active interest in other networking services
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Flexibility to work 40 hours per week on a 7-day rota with shifts falling between 07:30 - 00:00
- Health insurance
- Tiered pension
- 25 days' annual leave
- Quarterly and annual staff awards
- Funded social events
- Referral bonuses
- Green travel scheme
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A focus on health, wellbeing, inclusivity and diversity
- Social and community events
Other organisations may call this role Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, IT Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, 1st Line Engineer, 1st Line Support Engineer, or 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer.
Air IT is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. We believe this is the only acceptable way to conduct business and the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer, please apply via the button shown