School Business Manager
Job Title: School Business Manager
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent,
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mon - Fri,
Salary: Up to £34,000 per year
Location: Effingham, Surrey
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Opening in early 2022 Aurora Poppyfield is a bespoke new school for 11-16 year olds with Special Educational Needs, with a proposed capacity of 40 pupils, having taken the best elements of a mainstream school and the best elements of a special school to create an environment where young people can achieve their own goals and thrive - be that with GSCEs or a vocational route.
Be part of something new, we are looking for a team of people interested in the rewarding task of shaping this exciting new provision right from the very start.
We will be looking for you to start work based at our Redehall School in Smallfield, Nr. Horley and then move across to the Poppyfield School in Effingham when we open in early 2022.
The Business Manager is part of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for the leadership, management supervision and development of the support services teams ensuring an efficient, safe, healthy, clean, attractive and comfortable environment is provided within budget and business aims and objectives. There is an expectation of the post holder to act with a high degree of autonomy including responsibility and accountability for managing delegated budgets and resources.
The role also involves creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development plans aimed at bringing about continual improvement in these areas.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
* Knowledge and understanding of Relevant regulations and standards for education
* Knowledge of Current inspection frameworks used by regulatory and statutory bodies.
* Safeguarding and legislative procedures when working with children and young people
* Management and knowledge of EBITDA, financial systems, processes and budget preparation Excellent communication skills with a range of internal and external people, verbally and in writing
* Ability to form & promote positive relationships with and between young people, employees, parents and representatives of outside agencies
* Ability to define high, appropriate and attainable standards, and achieve them
* Effective team leadership and management
* Ability to assess situations accurately, resolve problems effectively and take decisions
Full training and continued support
Life assurance and pension
Health cash back plan
Car lease scheme
Bike to work scheme