Maths Course Leader
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (CICT) is a forward-thinking centre of learning, home to the very best technology, studios, equipment and industry-connected tutors. Now in our 27th year, we provide a vibrant and professional learning environment for over 1800 passionate and committed students studying for careers in the creative industries. Owned by Nottingham Trent University, we continue to see opportunities for growth and success over the coming years.
We are after passionate, gifted, creative and experienced course leader to manage, lead and teach on our GCSE and Functional Skills Maths provision. You will bring clear and innovative ideas around course development and a passion for collaborating with other departments to develop Maths skills across programmes of study.
In the Maths Course Leader role, you will:
* Lead, manage and develop a team of tutors within a varied, dynamic environment which believes in the importance of numeracy skills in an industry shaping vocational provision
* Plan lessons and prepare resources
* Deliver enriching sessions
* Work closely with other teams and course leaders to develop Maths within overarching programmes of study
* Liaise with parents and students to support attendance and achievement
You will bring the following experience, skills and knowledge:
* A passion and vision for Maths education
* Proven track record in improving maths achievement and developing initiatives to enhance teaching and learning
* A strong people manager with the ability to lead and motivate a team
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a complex workload
* Excellent analytical skills to use course data to inform areas of focus.
* An ability to teach GCSE and Functional Skills Maths
* A willingness to learn about creative disciplines to determine effective and relevant methods to embed Maths
You will also be educated to degree level and hold a recognised teaching qualification. You will have experience of course leadership and experience teaching at further and/or higher education.
If you see your future supporting learners to fulfil their potential and have the skills required to create an innovative and inspiring learning environment - then this is the place for you!
In return you will receive a generous holiday allowance as well as access to a range of other employee benefits, including our travel discounts and our company funded healthcare cash plan.
Confetti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We're proud to be a progressive employer that champions opportunity and diversity in all aspects of our work, and we're committed to equality for all. We warmly welcome applications from people who reflect our diverse community.
Apply for this Maths Course Leader role today