We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Team Leader to join our Bristol & Surrounding Area Team home based across Avon. You will work on a part time basis (20 hours per week) as part of a fixed term contract until February 2023 We will offer you a competitive salary of £11,724 per annum, which is pro rata of £20,928 per annum.
We're Scouts and everyone's welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Development Team Leader Role:
The purpose of the role is to lead a team to support and deliver new Scouting Provision across the project area (Avon). To help deliver the project objectives and targets, working in partnership with Regional, County and District Commissioners, Project Working Group, Three Counties Team Lead Officer, and development team members to realise agreed sustainable growth targets.
Welcoming new adults and young people to Scouting, you will ensure the good and safe running of the youth sections in accordance with POR responding to the current needs of a Group. Working as a team to ensure problems and challenges are overcome, you will support sections and groups to deliver fun exciting programmes and events.
The role will be a fundamental part of taking scouting to new and under-represented communities and will involve working directly with both adults and young people to run and support youth provision.
Because of the nature of the role you will need to be self-motivated and able to work remotely from home with a regular daytime and evening work out in communities supporting them to create Scouting provision.
Key responsibilities as our Development Team Leader:
- Ensure the good and safe running of the youth sections in accordance with POR responding to the current needs of the Group.
- Work together to ensure problems and challenges are overcome.
- Support Group events.
- Welcoming new adults and young people to Scouting.
- Drive and coordinate a set of new provision projects.
- Undertake events to attract young people to scouting (e.g. school assemblies).
- Promoting Scouting through different mediums in the area where a new section is opening.
- Supporting and running open evenings and taster sessions for adults and young people.
- Recruiting adults and converting parents in to volunteers.
- Mentoring and inducting new adults in partnership with the Appointments Advisory Committee and Training Team.
- Assisting groups to write and implement programme plans.
What we are looking for in our Development Team Leader:
- You will be motivated with a determination to make things happen
- Passionate about Scouting Values and bringing positive activities to new communities
- Possess a high level of communication skills to build effective relationships with a wide range of people including; young people, potential adult volunteers, existing volunteers, community representatives
- Have a willingness and potential to learn and develop from the experience
- Must live in a geographical location to enable effective support to volunteers in the Avon area
- Able and willing to work at least two evenings a week and occasional weekends
- Have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
What we can offer you as our Development Team Leader:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer...
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies