We are currently working with a UK based Engineering Consultancy firm who specialise in a variety of projects both UK and Internationally.
Our client specilaises in Building Services and is looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer with a through Building services background at a Principal level.
* You will be working primarily on a variety of projects with opportunity to also work on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
* You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office.
* You will act as a technical electrical lead.
* Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals.
* Awareness of consultant appointment conditions.
* Define and agree brief with Client.
* Competently represents Hoare Lea at project meetings.
* Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
* Host and chair internal project team meetings.
* Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
* Actively leads self and identifies opportunities and providing support for career development of others.
* Monitoring project expenditure and reporting to team leader.
* Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
* Reporting cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For
* Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
* Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as sustainability, intelligent buildings, fire engineering and acoustics in the design of buildings.
* Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required.
* Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients.
* Understand and identify resource needs.
* Mentor and supervise junior members of staff.
* Chartered engineer or close to depending on grade