Are you a Alloy Maintenance Technician that's looking to join a world-class producer of aerospace engine components?
An opportunity has arisen within the Alloy Maintenance department for an Alloy Maintenance Technician.
This is a permanent, full-time position, which also attracts a shift premium.
* Minimise production downtime by trouble shooting breakdowns and preventing re occurrences
* Working with electrical and mechanical drawings and documentation undertake fault finding and modification of plant and equipment. Using a Maintenance Management System carry out Preventative/ planned maintenance work.
* Help identify & support improvements to increase reliability of equipment and reduce reoccurring faults.
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
* Ensure that all Company policies relating to EHS are followed.
* Maintain and enhance job knowledge through training.
* Required to perform electrical and mechanical work, including fabrication, welding and some small electrical installation work as required.
* The ideal candidate would be multi skilled in Electrical and Mechanical, but we would consider single trades (Industrial Electrician or Mechanical Fitter)
* Time served apprenticeship with a minimum level 3 qualification, BTEC/City and Guilds or equivalent.
* Multiskilled including electrical & pneumatic/hydraulic systems knowledge, along with fabrication and welding skills.
* Experience in vacuum technology advantageous.
* Competent in reading electrical & mechanical diagrams and fault-finding control panels.
* Ability to pass medical which includes assessments for working at height and in confined spaces.
* Ability to work proactively to a high standard using your own initiative as part of the shift patterns including some lone working.
* Computer literate with basic office software experience.
* Resilient, resourceful with good judgement and decision-making skills.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment