Senior and Principal Electrical Engineers needed in Bournemouth, Birmingham and London
£45,000 to £65,000 p/a depending on experience + benefits
Our client has some exciting opportunity for Senior and Principal Electrical Engineers to join their company, based in Bournemouth, Birmingham or London.
Working alongside the Project Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to client's needs, developing designs, and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities.
They work closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service to their clients.
Why Work For them?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to their structured Career Paths framework.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
- Define and agree brief with Client
- Competently represent yourself and the company at project meetings
- Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively lead self and identify opportunities and provide support for career development of others
- Monitor project expenditure and report to Project leader
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to Project leader on a regular basis.
As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer it is expected you will have:
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards ChartershipBenefits:
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
* Private medical scheme
* Life Assurance
* Income protection
* Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
* Season Ticket Loans
* Professional membership subscription
9-day fortnight - the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
Hybrid Working - activity-based approach
Employee stock purchase plan - a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase common stock at a 15% discount
Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Referral Scheme
Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
Flexible working - They are happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
Please let me know if this job is of interest or if you need any more information and I look forward to your reply