A leading UK manufacturer are looking for a Instrument Control/Electromechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Weymouth. The purpose of the position is to monitor automated systems via data dashboard/CMT viewer, maintain plant and equipment factory -wide and attend breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Control and manage the inputs and outputs of the Effluent Treatment Plant monitoring system, resolving problems, and escalating and providing solutions to larger issues with the system.
2. Manage, review, and update the automated monitoring systems and equipment of Clean Lines, Laminators, Developers, Etch Lines, Strip Lines etc. Identifying areas where improvements can be made both in the short term and longer term
3. Record and effectively communicate all changes and improvements identified and / or made to any of the systems to comply with Company protocols (such as Change Management Procedure) and provide necessary information to other staff that enables continuity of operations
4. Research and maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of current and developing technologies relating to industrial measurement and control and undertake training to improve skills as required
5. Perform routine preventative mechanical and electrical maintenance checks in accordance with the Ultimo maintenance schedule.
6. Respond to both Mechanical/Electrical Breakdowns in a safe and timely fashion.
7. Assess, Replace, Program and Calibrate equipment such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Temperature Controllers, Inverters, Probes and Sensors
8. Work collaboratively with external service providers to review and update systems on a defined periodic basis.
9. Participate in continuous improvement activities
10. Comply with all Company Policies and Legal requirements such as Safety, Health & Environment, Quality and HR policies through the Team, (Including Safety assessments, accident / near Miss Reporting, Internal Audits, T&A, Holidays, Absence and Disciplinary procedures) to maintain a safe, controlled and well managed working environment
11. Demonstrate and act as a role model for Company standards of behaviour and values.
12. Take part in the Emergency Response, Chlorine Response and provide out of hours Maintenance/Engineering "call out" support for the business
Key Competencies and Behaviours
Planning & Organising
Taking Personal Responsibility
Accuracy & Attention to Detail
Education, Technical requirements, and Experience
* Familiarity with Allen Bradley, RS Logix 5000 software.
* Ability to collate, interpret and present data to assist fault finding/quality improvement.
* Strong communications skills and the ability to discuss and explain technical subject matter both in 'layman's terms' and to other similar technically qualified colleagues
* Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record of problem solving through collaborative activity with colleagues
* Energetic and proactive - Takes a 'Hands On' approach
* Is flexible to undertake tasks as workload demands
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs to grade C or above including Maths, English and Chemistry
* HNC equivalent in Engineering or Chemical Engineering / Photo Chemical Machining Processes
* Ability to Program and Fault Find: Lab View monitoring software
* Crimson versions 2.0 and 3.0 HMI
* Siemens PLCs,
* An experienced Process Control Engineer with a proven track record of achievement in the Engineering Industry using Chemical processes
* Chemistry - Experience of working in the Chemical Industry Sector / Qualified to level 2 or 3
* Auto CAD
* Electrical Motor Inverters
* Temperature Controllers
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Chemical Engineering / Photo Chemical Machining Processes