To meet the increasing demand for SEND support within the Malton, North Yorkshire and surrounding area, we are recruiting for Support Workers to work in our partner primary and/or secondary provisions. We are looking for candidates to work in provisions with pupils with complex learning, physical, medical, and behavioural needs. You must be committed to high standards, actively promote safe, happy learning and be ambitious for the success of the pupils, their families, yourself and the school community.
Ideally, we are looking for Support Assistants who are predominantly experienced in working with children/adults with physical disabilities, but applications are welcome from applicants with a range of SEND experience. We work with several schools who provide education for pupils with a range of needs. These positions would be to start as soon as possible. The roles would be 5 days a week, however there could be flexibility in the number of days. You would expect to earn up to £90 per day.
So, what's in it for you:
• Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
• An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
• Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
• A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
• 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £150
• A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
• A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
Within the role you are required to:
• Provide a calming and nurturing support for some of the area's most vulnerable students with EHCP's
• Be resilient, not easily offended and can de-escalate sometimes challenging situations
• Have a commitment to the settings to ensure the children you are supporting have a regular role model and routine
• Show an interest in the children that you are working with in order that you can build mutually respected relationships
• There may be an element of personal care involved to support the children in their daily routine
Skills and attributes:
• Ability to relate well to pupils and young adults with additional needs, experience of working with SEN would be advantageous.
• Be able to remain calm under pressure
• Experience working in similar settings e.g. care homes, hospitals,
• Team Teach qualification is advantageous but not essential as we can provide FREE training for the right candidates
• Experience of working with Physical difficulties, PMLD, Autism or SEMH advantageous but not essential
• A valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We are an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Start your career and change lives by working in Special Education - apply now