An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Welder within the manufacturing plant at Leicester.
The role of the welder is varied and flexible, rotation across shifts and or department depending on job skills and capacity, is expected within this exciting role.
Gi Group are proud to be working with Global organisation with over 12,000 employees and $2.3bn turnover. As a market leader in the design, manufacture and distribution filtration equipment, the company utilise their global presence to deliver a world class customer experience.
The skills required for the role of Operative vary depending on primary area of work, however flexibility across areas is beneficial. The primary focus for the successful candidate at present, will be welding
Key responsibilities will be to:
* Welding - predominately MIG welding, but TIG and aluminium would be advantageous
* Flexibility to move area's dependant on workflow - packing, assembly.
To be successful in this position you will need to be a self-motivated individual, who can work well as part of a team. You will need to be flexible and adaptable, willing to take on new skills, and where required train others. A self-starter with an eagerness to learn with a natural continuous improvement mindset.
* Technical background or apprenticeship, with a good standard of numeracy and literacy.
* Ability to read drawings
* Ability to weld (MIG and TIG), to good standard of quality. This would cover a range of different part shapes and sizes as well as metal thickness.
* Understanding of health & risks within a manufacturing environment
* Ideally have experience in metal work production processes, with a sound knowledge of the importance on hitting on time delivery and quality standards
* Great opportunity for someone looking to start a career . For the right person there is the possibility to progress within the business, and develop skills knowledge throughout a production environment.
* Competitive package
* On site parking