IT Service Manager
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 3SB
Salary: £30-32k, DoE + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, shift patterns over 7 working days per week
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are a specialist provider of IT Infrastructure and Support services, supporting organisations to improve digital maturity.
IT Service Manager - The Role:
As a Service Manager, you will oversee and manage the Incident and Request lifecycle, ensuring all Incidents and Requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
As a manager in the business, you will manage your team to release their full potential and deliver the best possible service to all customers.
Answering to the Head of Customer Support, you will be instrumental in the delivery of statistics and information and dealing with a variety of escalations across internal and external functions.
Note: This role will be subject to a standard DBS check
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Working quickly and accurately in all aspects of the role.
• Working with internal departments in all manner of work items and escalations.
• Assist users and customers in escalations and queries.
• Attend internal and external meetings to discuss processes and functions related to the Service department and its workings.
• Manage Incident & Request Lifecycle ensuring strong SLA Performance.
• Maintain processes and procedures for the Service department.
• Generate and present data and statistics for the Board, customers and stakeholders.
• Management of escalations to completion, with strong and regular communication.
• Managing Major Incidents, ensuring regular communication with customers and stakeholders.
• Managing Problems, ensuring regular communication with customer and stakeholders.
• Ensuring Service team performance with key processes to deliver contractual obligations.
• Managing Continual Service Improvement lifecycle.
• Fulfil duties as part of the Change Advisory Board.
• Feed into Project planning processes to highlight and manage potential impacts to Service.
IT Service Manager - Skills and Experience:
We are dedicated to providing the best customer service experience possible so a positive "can do" attitude is paramount.
• A proven ability to lead and lead by example
• Be proactive and innovative
• Have excellent time management
• Ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and management
• Able to work independently or part of a team
• Experience in managing a team and delivering required KPIs
• Experience and knowledge of utilising ITIL best practice
• A proven track record of implementing improvements and recording their success
• Understanding or experience in IT service management.
• Willingness to learn and succeed
• A highly motivated individual with a strong focus on customer service and problem solving
• Positive, "can do" attitude
• Professional and punctual
Experience of the following, essential:
• Experience and knowledge of utilising ITIL v3/v4 best practice
• 1 year experience (at least) in Line Management of technical teams.
• Good knowledge of Business IT systems and solutions to feed in to Change Management processes.
• Experience of leading service management and service delivery teams
• Experience of working within a managed service provider
• Experience in managing SLAs, KPIs
• Employer's sick pay scheme
• 20 days holiday excluding bank holidays upon starting
• On-going training / learning environment
• Company pension scheme
• PMI plan on completion of probation
• Free refreshments
• Free Parking (on a first come first served basis)
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV to us with a relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please