Senior Network Planner
This role is key in the Delivery team supporting the Design Manager with ensuring the network designs are in alignment with the companies planning and design policies and will own the planning cycle end to end.
* Responsible for managing of all design aspects and leading the design team to support a partner project delivery programme
* Responsible for the creation of the network designs to support the business objectives
* Work with the project teams on the build mechanism to ensure roll out is optimised
* Training all contractors on the requirements from CBL
* Lead the implementation of design best practice through the internal and external organisations
* Work with the DM to optimise the process and systems in place and create a culture of continuous improvement within the Delivery department
* Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment and how a design is critical to a successful build
* Degree educated
* Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e. GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc.
* 3rd party contractor management
* Ability to provide designs using CAD and/or GIS systems to a high standard
* Creation of network designs using multiple technologies (P2P, GPON, XGSPON etc.) and using overhead and underground infrastructure