Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 0AX
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About the Role:
Since the formation of the FP&A team in 2015, the aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process. As part of the team, you will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to im-prove everything we do.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Revenue performance Management
• Lead Global Revenue analysis - ensure accurate month end reporting, within month end deadlines.
• Produce monthly revenue commentary using inputs from stakeholders across the Business, developing com-mercial insight and understanding through the process
• Ensure alignment with other functions and teams on revenue reporting used across the business, from presen-tation information for functional Town Halls to Business Case preparation where revenue is required
• Preparation of revenue information by region to support monthly commercial review with each regional lead and a cross functional team.
• Tableau dashboard design and maintenance to investigate key business trends and performance, for key dashboards used by the business e.g. Pricing vs Volume Performance, Discounting trends
• Support adhoc revenue focussed projects in the team. This may include deep dives into areas of focus, contri-bution to business cases and working cross functionally
• Grow the connections of commercial FP&A team with other parts of the business, particularly our stakeholders in Sales & Service. This may involve presenting to wider Sales & Service team about revenue performance or forecasting process, along with project-based relevant comms.
• Adhoc analysis as required
Revenue Budgeting and Forecasting
• Develop our forecasting analytics and modelling in conjunction with out Integrated Business Planning cycle, working with the Regional leads and stakeholders across the Business to agree forecasts throughout the year as well as the driving the annual budget process; adjusting process and style to suit the business performance and pressures at the time, including growth totals, phasing and split of revenue between growth drivers to en-sure appropriate ownership between teams.
• Take a leading role in preparing analysis for external reporting and guide messaging to investors.
• Ensure process is run with clear deadlines, meeting objectives and summary documents, to allow decision-making at the right levels in the business.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret financial data into meaningful and actionable insights and con-clusion
• Excellent financial modelling experience using Excel and Tableau (preferable)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate to CFO level as well as ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers
• Experience of Partnering commercial stakeholders including relationship building and influencing
• Understanding of commercial part of the Business and how the financials explain performance
• Thrives in a dynamic, everchanging environment - We are always striving to improve everything we do
• Innovative and inquisitive
• Proactive self-starter who can pick things up quickly and run with projects autonomously
• Output focused - motivated by achieving goals and delivering results
• Growth mindset - adaptable, quick to learn
• Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
• Undergraduate degree minimum 2:1 or above
• Ideally professional qualification or studying to experience or an interest in working in Life Sciences
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
• A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of
• training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
• The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work
• whilst reducing environmental impact.
• A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam's strategy.
• Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave,
• increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented profes-sionals can share the responsibility of a full-time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other character-istic protected by law.
If you're interested in this particular role, we'd love to read your application - Click on APPLY Now!
No agencies please