Isca Recruitment is delighted to working with an established and growing SME organisation seeking to recruit a dynamic, qualified accountant to join the senior management team as the Chief Financial Officer at their head office in South Devon.
This is not the average accounting role! It is a rare opportunity for a proactive commercially astute accountant to join an organisation that is leading the way in its sector and where you will genuinely make a difference.
Chief Financial Officer - The Role:
As part of a friendly, dedicated senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer is a critical role where you will be taking ownership of delivering a comprehensive finance function, providing leadership of operational and project activities as well as working closely with the CEO on the growth strategy for the organisation and the overall strategic plan. Duties will include:
* Managing and developing the small finance team.
* Ensuring the provision of timely, insightful and accurate management and financial information reporting for the CEO and Board.
* Delivering insightful financial analysis as well as, legislative, operational and strategic financial advice for the Board.
* Responsible for strategic financial plans and budget management including preparation monitoring, supporting and challenging non-finance budget holders as needed.
* Business partnering and providing strategic advice to human resources, administration, estates management, health and safety, marketing and information systems.
* Ensuring effective process of benchmarking expenditure and the use of resources to inform evaluation of operational practice and strategic planning.
* Production of annual statutory accounts, dealing with VAT liabilities and advising on the financial implications of charitable status, managing and liaising with external auditors and tax specialists as needed.
* Providing leadership and direction to development and change projects as well as capital build projects.
* Identifying and presenting potential income generation projects to the board, upon approval providing hands on leadership to deliver approved projects.
* Advising the Board on investment and financial policy, developing a business plan and long-term financial strategy for the future development of the organisation.
* Creating financial plans and costings for new projects and services.
* Responsible for effective and appropriate procurement across the organisation.
* Risk Management including appropriate insurance policies are in place.
Chief Financial Officer - The Rewards:
Salary: £65,000pa - £75,000pa
Benefits: 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays, superb pension scheme, as well as ongoing support and development.
This employer provides an engaging working environment where you will see the impact of your contribution every day in this unique growing organisation.
Please note due to location, you will need to have your own transport.
Chief Financial Officer - The Person:
We are keen to hear from ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with excellent technical knowledge, proven ability in delivering all aspects of an effective finance function, as well as experience of strategic planning and project management. You will be a self-starter with a high energy hands-on approach and a desire to work in a fast-paced changing organisation.
With a track record in managing staff and reporting at board level, you'll be a first-rate communicator able to inspire, persuade and influence with the ability to positively manage and empower others to achieve.
You will enjoy using your commercial skills - able to see the bigger picture and plan ahead whilst also being hands on as needed to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
A natural problem-solver with excellent analytical skills, able to analyse, understand and explain complex information to non-finance staff at all levels.
The closing date for applications is Mon 4th July however applications will be reviewed promptly and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
For a confidential chat and more details on this exciting lead finance role with a difference, please call Jo at Isca Recruitment.
Isca Recruitment Ltd provides services as an agency and an employment business. Isca Recruitment is an Exeter based boutique recruitment consultancy making the perfect match between client and candidate. Specialists in office support, accountancy and finance across the South West