Main Purpose of Role
As an experienced Senior Designer at Dawson Andrews, you'll be responsible for leading and creating high-quality designs and solutions based on user needs and design principles. You'll be an advocate for user-centric design, design thinking and very passionate about guiding others in design.
You'll do this whilst learning about new design patterns and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow. You will be working directly with our clients to produce the highest quality outputs to fit their needs. responsible for leading Jr designers tooEssential Requirements
- 4+ years design agency experience
- Experience of leading projects from concept to completion, from sketched wireframes to working, interactive products.
- Experience of delivering high-quality designs across different devices such as mobile, tablet and desktops.
- Proficient in producing UX deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and presenting them to clients.
- Proficient in Figma and best practices.
- Ability to take a client's brief and business problems, ask the right questions, gain an understanding, synthesise and communicate research findings, and iterate towards solutions.
- Ability to confidently present concepts to clients, articulate design decisions and relate them to business needs.
- Ability to lead design workshops with clients.
- Able to work in a fast-paced delivery environment while making effective decisions, sometimes within tight time constraints.
- Experience of designing for accessibility,
- Experience working with design systems and frameworks.
- Understanding the code implications of design decisions
- Experience producing design estimates and standing over these.
Who you are
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience with building HTML, CSS and JS interactive prototypes.
- Experience working with large scale project management systems such as Jira and/or Asana.
- You have an insatiable desire to breakthrough design problems and you're not afraid of taking the initiative.
- You'll have the self-belief that anything is possible knowing that you can work backwards from magic to produce unique, valuable design products for Dawson Andrews and its clients.
- You should always have an eye on the client's ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
- You should be passionate about building a career in digital product and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio born in Belfast. We have worked with startups to billion-dollar e-commerce companies, we specialise in driving commercial value through digital products and services. We're a tight-knit team, regularly laughing at each other, occasionally fighting fires together and building products we're really proud of. Company Benefits
- Attractive salary
- Private medical insurance via Aviva healthcare
- Workplace pension scheme with a 3% company contribution
- 25 days annual leave allowance plus public holidays and paid parental leave
- Flexible working (hours & location)
- Referral scheme bonus for introducing new employees
- Stocked fridge with snacks/drinks
- Regular social activities including 2 x annual overnight retreats paid for by the company
- Personal development budget