Role Title: Infrastructure Architect (Payments)
Working Type: Remote/Hybrid (Very Flexible)
Location: Watford/Birmingham based offices
Salary: Awaiting Allocation (TBD)
Salary Type: Inside IR35
Contract Length: 6 Months
Infrastructure Architect for Debit and Prepaid Platform, which is a high-volume transactional system. Experience in High Availability, Enterprise Systems, clustering and balancing is essential. Would be good to have experience of Informix and Tuxedo.
Infrastructure Technology Architect - focus is primarily on disciplines of selection, operation and administration of "commercial-off-the-shelf" (COTS) systems and system software that make up underlying operating environment in support of business processes.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements..
* Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
* Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
* Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
* Experience working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
* Demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
* Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
* Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of financial services industry
* Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
* Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
* May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Please allow up to 48 hours for our team to review your CV after application - if you have not heard from us within the 48 hours, it is unlikely we will be moving forward with your CV. We do retain applications for future use and may be in contact with you about other roles your CV is suited to.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser