We are offering a QA Tester the ability to take that next step in their career and become a senior QA Tester leading a small team of QA testers.
Reporting into the Software Delivery Manager, the Senior QA Tester will lead a small team of QA Testers and will work closely with the Software Development teams to ensure the user experience of all our web-based applications meet the need of the business and the customer.
Role: Senior QA Tester
Salary: up to £40,000 depending on experience
Office Location: Liverpool City Centre and Formby
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
* You will be expected as a senior QA Tester to define our testing roadmap, including the tools you will use within the team to provide a QA testing facility to the Software Development Teams.
* Reporting directly into the Software Delivery Manager, you will be expected to provide testing ETA's to ensure our Roadmap stays on track.
* You will take part in the whole Software Delivery Lifecycle ensuring Acceptance criteria are properly defined to enable successful development and testing.
* You will implement a framework for QA testing, including the tools and technologies required.
* You will create automated testing scripts that can be used in our Development and Deployment Pipelines.
* You will lead a small team of QA Testers and ensure they keep track of all goals assigned to them.
* Identifying and logging functional and visual deficiencies in our platforms that do not align with the given requirements or specification.
* Work closely with the software development teams to ensure any deficiencies are corrected.
* Work collaboratively with the Project Managers to ensure the needs of the business and our customers are met.
* Have the ability to put yourself in the shoes of our customers and feedback any problems you encounter that could affect the customer journey.
* Be willing to learn new technologies in fast paced 'entrepreneurial' environment.
* Have the skills to manage your own time and hit strict deadlines.
* 3 years commercial experience as QA tester using both manual and automated tools.
* 3 years experience of automated testing with Azure Devops, including integration with pipelines
* Exposure to multiple browsers and mobile devices.
* The ability to learn fast.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* The ability to work across multiple projects.
* Problem solving skills
About Acorn Insurance
We have 40 years of experience helping people secure competitive car, taxi, van, motor trade and home insurance, across the UK. As a specialist insurance provider, we offer a wide range of competitive insurance policies that can are tailored to our customers unique insurance needs. In 2020 we were in the Sunday Times top 30 Profit Track companies for private companies with fastest growing profits. We have an award-winning Finance Director and a CEO of the year finalist.
Why Acorn Insurance?
Acorn want to give you more than a job, we want to give you a purpose and a career. So, what can we offer you as an employer? Some of the benefits you will receive include:
Service-related holiday entitlement capped at 32 days (including bank holidays
Perk Box Online & High Street vouchers and discounts
Fresh fruit deliveries twice a week
£250 bonus for every new colleague you recommend to the business
Free monthly Café Nero Coffee
Cycle to work scheme
Free eye test vouchers and a contribution towards the frames
Service-related holiday entitlement capped at 32 days (including bank holidays)
Clearly defined progression paths with training and support
Free self-development & qualifications via Magpie Learning
A comprehensive Mental Health support network including:
4 Free Counselling Sessions
Access to a free 4-week programme of CBT with a trained Therapist Mentor
Unlimited access to a telephone councillor 365 days a year, 24/7
A UK wide network of Mental Health First Aiders
Free Hot Drinks on Site
Dress Down Days
Regular employee engagement including ongoing competitions with prizes from fantastic places like Hotel Chocolat, HelloFresh, and Love to Shop Vouchers
Company Pension Scheme
Charity fundraising events
All roles are subject to DBS and Financial checks, any offer made will be conditional until checks are completed to a satisfactory standard.
Apply now to start or enhance your career with Acorn Insurance