Semi - Skilled Operator
TATA Steel are currently recruiting for a Semi - Skilled Operator to come and work at their site in Shotton Works.
This is a full-time position paying up to £14.12 per annum on an initial 12 month contract. The candidate will be required to work 39 hours per week on a day shift.
The job holder will be responsible for lubrication, maintenance of lubrication and
hydraulic storage, transportation of equipment, and general upkeep tasks such as
painting and tidying of areas.
The candidate must be a hands-on individual and would ideally have experience within an
industrial setting, but not essential. They must have good communications skills. The
candidate must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. They must possess good
risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Health, Safety and Environmental performance adhering to the works procedures and PPE
instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings.
• Carry out routine tasks within a manufacturing environment to a high standard every time.
• Take responsibility for management of lubrication and hydraulic systems including manual
lubrication of bearings and management of automatic grease systems, along with monitoring
of hydraulic units.
• Take an active role in the upkeep of the manufacturing line, maintaining and improving
safety and housekeeping standards within the Galv mechanical days team.
• Play an active role in the transportation of equipment around the site, including preparation
of equipment for crane lifts and driving vehicles (UK driver's licence required).
• Undertake work for workshops, auxiliary plant, and downshifts as required.
• Undertake risk assessments for activities to be undertaken.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business