Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
We are dedicated to delivering a continuous supply of drinking water to our customers through our infrastructure. The Water Networks Repair and Maintenance teams are responsible for completing repair and maintenance activities on Thames Water's underground water network - pipes and ancillary fittings.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
We will be recruiting for Repair & Maintenance Technicians and Operatives across the Thames Valley, South London, and North London on a shift pattern of 1 in 4 weekends, 1 in 4 weeks on a late shift, and 1 in 8 weeks on standby on an average of 45 hours per week. We will also be offering a limited number of positions on a working pattern of Monday to Friday, fixed day shifts, or Monday to Friday, fixed late shifts. Flexibility to undertake overtime during peak demand is essential.
As an R&M Technician, you will be the accountable Leader of a two-person R&M Team. Ensuring that all work undertaken is completed to the correct safety and quality standards.
We're looking for you to:
· Have experience/training in the water industry
· Be competent with IT and be computer literate
· Use your initiative and problem-solve where repairs are required
· Have strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical messages in a simple way
· Have a can-do, positive, right-first-time attitude, remaining open to new ideas and change
· Work well as part of a team but also alone, using your initiative
· You must be able to meet the physical demands of the role with the ability to work outdoors in all weathers
· Be self-motivated and confident at completing tasks to the best of your ability
To succeed in the role, it is expected that you will have:
· Full UK Driving Licence
· EUSR Water Hygiene
· Street works qualified (NRSWA)/SSSTS
· Service Avoidance L2
· First aid qualified
· Parts C1 & E of the UK Driving Licence
· Mains & Service Laying Training
· Underground Cable Detection
· Manual Handling Training
· Mini Digger / JCB Qualifications
· Lorry Loader Training
· Deep excavation/trench-timbering training
· Temporary works qualification
· Abrasive wheels
What's in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. You'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements, and great benefits if you join our team. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of your role, you'll be asked to help out our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you'll be given full training - it's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment