RLE International is working on behalf of their Essex based Automotive Client, who are currently looking for a Senior Simulation and Process Optimisation Engineer to support and join their expanding team
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
We are positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
Senior Simulation and Process Optimisation Engineer
Rate: £20.88 increasing to £27.03 after 13 weeks under AWR's (Agency Worker Regulations)
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) is a key contributing organisation within client's business as we transition from our historical product lineup of Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) to a strong Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) powertrain offering. This position arises at an enthralling time as PTME Europe are at the forefront of the transformation of our manufacturing facilities across Europe from ICE to BEV considering the manufacturing of electric motor and battery products. You will be a key member of our PTME family, helping us to modernise our business as we `Bring on Tomorrow by manufacturing new range of electrified powertrains for vehicles. Your role within the team would involve you leading a team of engineers to collaborate across internal and external functions to create digital representations of client's world class manufacturing facilities. To share your transferable skills, knowledge and experience within our team.
* Develop Witness discrete event simulation models to represent complex manufacturing processes for both new and existing facilities. Conceptualise and prove how the system can be improved through effective modelling and optimization
* Utilise analytical tools such as Alteryx and QlikSense to gather, analyse and process manufacturing data to generate insights and enable data driven decision making with your effective communication skills
* Advance and deploy emerging technologies and analytics to identify further opportunities for system optimisation (beyond simulation) working innovatively and in conjunction with external consortiums to access additional expertise and knowledge
* Support the continuous improvement of our world class and award-winning toolset and the introduction of new technologies globally
* Immerse yourself within our dynamic and flexible team as you contribute to the `can do attitude the team has as we work in a fast-changing environment
* Ability to be flexible in support of an agile and ever-changing manufacturing engineering function
* Experience in using discrete event simulation software.
* Lanners Witness is the go-to tool, but experience with other tools would be an advantage
* Solid numeracy skills ideally demonstrated by a degree - ideally at a master's level - combined with a logical approach to problem solving including the ability to conceive alternative solutions
* Excellent communication skills to enable discussion of issues and publish insights to senior management to enable data driven decisions
* An ability to work proactively using own initiative to deliver work that exceeds expectations of the customer within an agreed timeline.
* Experience in high volume Manufacturing role
* Six Sigma Black Belt certified
Extensive high volume manufacturing role
Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or extensive industry experience without Degree.
Extensive experience in high volume manufacturing role(s)
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now.
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*
Eligibility: Due to working on behalf of our client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined
**NO AGENCY CALLING