Our client, based in Portsmouth, are looking for an experienced CNC Milling Team Leader to join their ISO9001 subcontracting machine company on a permanent basis.
Accountable for the day to day supervision of employees in the Milling Department to maximise production efficiency, on time delivery and ensure consistent better than the norm quality of the items being manufactured in a continuous improvement environment to facilitate sustainable business growth.
1. Leadership and Management
• Coordination and collaboration of the team and assist in shop floor planning.
• Resolve technical, quality, tooling and working method issues promptly.
• Coordinate and perform SMED processes.
• Coordinate and resolve machine break downs
2. Develop the teams technical abilities in CAD/CAM and working methods
• Technically advise on all aspects of engineering, working methods, CADCAM, programming, setting, machining and tool making.
• Coach and mentor to technically develop the milling team.
• Coordinate and arrange cross training to increase internal security.
• Continuously improve the milling department's collective technical brain
3. Develop disciplined staff
• Coach and mentor in communication, collaboration and aligned team working skills.
• Hold Quarterly Conversations with all direct reports.
• Encourage and collate feedback and red flag issues.
• Complete any other duties such as supporting the team with sick or holiday cover.
• To ensure production targets are achieved, when required, assist the team to program, set and operate CNC Mills
4. Improve internal and external quality outcomes
• Assisting with first off inspection.
• Coaching and mentor robust, secure working methods and in-process inspection.
• Stimulate a better than the norm quality mind-set.
• Conducting, coordinating and participating in 8D-NCR investigations.
• Following ISO9001:2015 procedures and feedback systems
5. Develop Milling department processes
• Work with the department to improve efficiency and drive standardisation.
• Chair the weekly Milling Department L10 meeting.
• Complete Quarterly Rock projects and weekly To Do action items.
• Contribute to capital expenditure assessments and decisions
- a salary ranging from £38,300 to £46,900 depending on experience
- hours for this position are Monday to Thursday form 7:30 am to 5:00 PM and Friday 7:30 am to 12:30 PM., 30 minutes lunch break
- opportunity to work overtime at a rate of 1.4
- company group profit related bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave including the statutory holidays
Call us at (phone number removed)