We are currently recruiting a Non Destructive Testing Technician for our Congleton Cheshire based client. Please find job specification below:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide dye penetrant and/or radiography inspections as sequenced within the manufacturing cycle on Job Cards and in accordance with the relevant Non Destructive Testing Procedure.
2. Prevent escape or release of manufactured items to the next stage of processing which do not conform to acceptance criteria specified on the Job Card, NDT Data Card or NDT Acceptance Standard.
3. Ensure that all equipment used is within its re-calibration date prior to use, reporting any expired items to the NDT Engineer or NDT Team Leader.
4. Ensure that the penetrant/radiographic materials used are within their use by date, reporting any expired materials to the NDT Engineer or NDT Team Leader.
5. Conduct and record plant performance tests at the commencement of each shift (or after any component in the penetrant/radiography system is changed).
6. Conduct and record equipment checks at the frequency specified in the relevant Non Destructive Testing Procedure, immediately reporting any unacceptable results to the NDT Engineer or NDT Team Leader or NDTlity Manager for corrective action and resolution.
7. Ensure inspection verification is correctly recorded in the Inspection Log, on the Job Card and within EFACs, ensuring that inspection records are suitably maintained and retained in accordance with relevant procedures.
8. Ensure rejections are suitably recorded in the Inspection Log. Ensure all rejected components are identified with the non-conformance number and that defects are suitably marked, immediately isolating the defective product from conforming items.
9. Ensure all materials and products are lifted and handled safely and in accordance with manual handling training provided.
10. Ensure that the required standards of behaviour and discipline are adhered to.
11. Attend training or participate in improvement events as required. Support the NDT Team Leader in the training of new personnel.
12. Provide cover when extra hours are required to be worked, both during the week and at weekends, which may also include participation in the night shift rota.
13. Provide support and have the flexibility to move to another Inspection Team, should operational demands require it.
14. Ensure that all related work activities and records comply with relevant quality standards and NADCAP requirements.
1. Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
2. Support the business in seeking and supporting delivery of improvements to all aspects of Inspection.
3. Participate in NADCAP NDT audits as required.
Hours of work are (nights) 21:00 to 06:45 Monday to Thursday
Pay rate £17.94 rising to £19.78 per hour after a training period.
This is a temporary to permanent role for suitable candidates.
Please contact us for further details