A large FE group in Derbyshire that provides excellent learning experiences to thousands of students per year are recruiting for a Professional Construction Teacher to teach Level 3 students, full-time, starting ASAP on an ongoing cover basis.
The ideal candidate will be PGCE qualified and have a proven ability to deliver excellent teaching across Professional Construction Courses. In return for your knowledge and expertise, you will receive an extremely competitive teaching rate as well as a friendly, supportive and productive environment within an establishment which is truly going places!
The college is looking to hold interviews for this position ASAP so if you interested in and available for this position, please don't hesitate to get in touch today by applying with you CV to start a conversation with our Recruitment Consultant.
* Deliver exceptional teaching and learning and motivate, inspire and engage learners
* To be responsible for all students/support staff within your classroom/workshop and ensure they are provided with appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision so as not to compromise their health, safety or well-being.
* To undertake risk assessments for all current and future practical activities/assessments and equipment and maintain/update as per college guidelines
* To manage learning by using a variety of delivery modes and preparing effective learning materials for presenting and delivering information.
* Setting, marking and recording of students work including assessments as necessary
* Maintenance of class registers, work programmes and records in your area of work
* To positively contribute to a safe learning and work environment ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
* A teaching qualification
* Previous experience teaching Barbering (Levels 1-3)
* Degree or higher in Construction and the Built Environment or Civil Engineering
* Ability to operate appropriate the necessary equipment and software to support the delivery of programmes between Level 2 and Level 4
* Competency in delivering construction surveying units
* Competency in delivering CAD units (with the use of AutoCAD & Revit software)
* Immediate availability for work, Monday to Friday
* A DBS on the update service (or a certificate issued in last 12 months and willing to apply for new)
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We're more than a recruitment agency - we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits - your future is in good hands.
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion